Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love that girl...

This past weekend, Diego and I went up to Maine to visit two of our faves, Brian and SP.  It was a GREAT 3 days.  We got in laaaaate Thursday night and were welcomed with cold beverages...the only way!  Friday, SP and I went shopping/strolling in Freeport (Dad, if you're reading this, I didn't actually go to Maine without visiting you.  This is a dream post...yeah, that's it!).  We found some lovely deals (one gooooorgeous purse), and had a late lunch/martini time.  SP made all of us dinner and then we hung out, like the good old days!  

On Saturday, we went out on their sailboat!!!  B bought it when it probably should have been sent the way of all old boats but saved it, fixed it up, and now they have the most beautiful little sailer ever.  The boys enjoyed themselves out there on the water.  Apparently boating and Mr. Booze go hand-in-hand...so much so that Diego took an (intentional) swim in the bay.  He thought he could catch us.  Let's just say his last name isn't Phelps ;).  After sailing, we went to Portland to check out the scene...where mayhem would later ensue.  We had the MOST amazing dinner at a woodfire grill there later in the evening and then went to this little hole in the wall hookah bar.  MMMMMMM.  

Despite trying to stay awake until our flight early Sunday morning, Diego and I didn't make it.  We took a brief nap and the hitched a ride, courtesy of JetBlue, back to DC.    And that was that.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Night all!

1 comment:

  1. did you visit LL Bean?

    when we lived up in MA, my family made an annual trip in the fall up to Freeport to stock up on winter clothes.

    ReplyDelete