- We've been back from Argentina for nearly 4 weeks. Can you believe it?
- Me neither.
- And these 4 weeks sure have been a whirlwind.
- After a ridiculously long 24 hours of travel, we get back to our messy 1/3 of the way packed apartment.
- Hubster spent the week celebrating his 4 years of medical school education. I went to work.
- Friday May 15th, I became a Lieutenant's wife. With the help of some ducttape. (SP?)
- The 17th I also became a Doctor's wife. Cha-ching. Haha. Not.
- Then the 18th I returned to the life of a working grad student. For those of you who don't know, I'm at GWU getting my Master Public Health and I'm loving it. My schedule is absolutely crazy busy with work and classes and studying etc. etc. etc. BUT it's a pretty incredible feeling to know that what I'm doing every day is what I love.
Whew.
- Then we (more Hubster) moved. And drama with old furniture and new furniture ensued (read: is still going on). And I got rid of stuff. LOTS of stuff. Old dressers, clothes, shoes, drinking glasses. You name it, I got rid of it.
SIDE NOTE: I am a converted pack-rat and would rather get rid of almost everything I own than cram it into some (non-existent in our new apartment) closet.
- And, OF COURSE, the really big news. :) We adopted a puppy. Named Wren (Sir Christopher Wren Fufu, if you must know). He's a border collie mutt and stinkin' cute. And sweet. AND house trained. Man, if only I could pre-order kids that were house trained! (One day people, don't freak out on me yet.)
So, that brings us to today. We've been back almost as long as we were out of the country. I'm half-way through 2 of my 4 summer classes. A Bio exam yesterday kicked one butt-cheek and a Policy paper due next Tuesday is sure to kick the other. But I'm heading to Raleigh for a bachelorette party in a few short hours and getting to see my girls sure does help keep all this craziness in perspective.
And thus, the entropy continues.
FYI, to all of you wonderful readers who commented on my blog while we were away, I'm sending out little thank you prizes on Monday! I've been totally delinquent and awful, but did want to fulfill my promise. Thanks for reading!
so do you say Dr. Lt. or Lt. Dr. or what....???? ;-)
ReplyDeleteHey! I am sure you will be crazy busy while in Raleigh but if you want to stop by you are welcome to! Also love the puppies name! Zable will have to meet Wren some day!
ReplyDelete