I can't believe that my little monkey is 6 months old! I will say this for the rest of Luca's life, I'm sure. Six months is an absolutely awesome stage. Luca is SO smiley and giggly. He is exploring new foods (rice cereal, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, cauliflower), sitting up really well, babbling and even getting better with night time sleep. He usually goes to bed between 6:30 and 7pm, sleeps to 1 or 2 am when he wakes up to eat, sleeps again until 6:30 or 7 and sometimes even goes back to sleep for an additional hour.
Napping, at least at daycare, is another story, but I can't complain. He had a little date with his future wife the other day, and the two munchkins spent their time pulling off each others socks. And then eating them. Mmmm. :)
Luca LOVES LOVES LOVES his teacher, Ms. Rose. To the point that he jumps out of my arms in the mornings when I drop him off at school. He also loves Sam and Wren. Sammy is also loving him more these days (if that's possible) because of the random food that ends up on the floor.
I think it's hilarious when Luca is nursing and realizes that his Mama is also there. It's like he's so thrilled with his life because he gets Mama and Milk. JOY!!
The past month was not very nice to us, health wise. Luca was sniffly (a constant state, thanks to daycare) and ended up with a pretty nasty GI bug. We ended up at the pediatricians getting IV fluids. And then about a week and a half later, Diego gets a call from daycare saying there's something coming out of Luca's ear. Turns out it's a little gross when a double ear infection turns worse with a ruptured eardrum...yuck. So after some time in the ER at WR, antibiotics became our new best friend. Luca LOVES amoxycilin, almost as much as Ms. Rose. Thankfully, he was a trooper and happy as can be through the ear infection. We're all much better now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all stay healthy!
A few other things Luca's been doing lately:
- at the 6 month checkup he was 15 lb. 11 oz.
- I have no idea his length. oops.
- he loves to chew on the edge of his pacifier and has fun dropping it and picking it back up to stick in his mouth
- naked time is the best time
- he's still as flirty as ever and especially loves the ladies. seriously this kid schmoozes.
- when we're home and can make it happen, he often naps for 1.5 to 2.5 hours (hence this post, woot!)
To my Luca bug: I love you SO much, more and more and more every single day. Besitos mi querido!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment