I love water. Rivers, lakes, oceans, whatever. And – beside Iguazu – it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to enjoy some time by the water. Monday morning, Hubster and I left Buenos Aires for our last mini-trip, to Mar del Plata.
We always stay in Tios’ apartment which overlooks the ocean. It’s fantastic. It’s close to all the good restaurants, beaches, and family. However, this time, we’re without water. So close to so much water, and yet we can’t shower or wash dishes. Hmm…
Something happened with the water system in Mar del Plata and a huge part of the city has been without water for days. Lots of schools are closed, many restaurants aren’t opening and it’s generally a bit of a pain. But life goes on. We have water to drink and brush teeth. And now that I’m married, I don’t really need to shower and smell all pretty do I? Who am I trying to impress? J
Actually, I did get some help washing my hair from my beloved. It was HILARIOUS. First of all, I think all guys should go to cosmetology (right?) school to learn how to wash a lady’s hair. What a treat that would be…if only I could also have that oh-so-convenient hair washing sink in my house too. Since we were at Tios’ and not a salon, the tub and toilet seat had to suffice. Needless (I think) to say, it was not the most comfortable hair washing experience, but I am the proud wife of a husband that is adept at using minuscule amounts of available water to wash my massive amounts of hair. Well, not SO massive, but definitely SO dirty.
0 comments:
Post a Comment