Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I may not be a human mommy, BUT...

*********************************************
I know this is going to sound ridiculous.  And I almost can't believe I'm going to type this.  But.

I miss my kids!!!  They may not be 2-legged, they may not speak, and they do gross doggy things like butt-sniffing, but they are my children none the less.


I will be out of town next week and with Hubster's schedule, it's just not feasible for him to take care of the pups.  So they will be going to board and day camp at Best Friends Pet Care.  And today is their trial run.  I'm sure that this evening when I go to pick them up, I will have two pooped pups (or at least I'd BETTER).  And you'd better believe that I appreciate that I've been able to write, clean and eat without two furry shadows (well, one really...Wren is a bit more chill than his sister).  But on days like today when I'm working from home, I love having them around to distract me and just for company.

Lord help me (and Hubster and the 4-legged kids) when we have 2-legged pups that are old enough to go off to day care (or school or whatever).  Maybe it will be easier because kids cry?

2 comments:

  1. totally totally legit! and i love how you refer to kids as two legged pups because they are just that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I remember when we sent our four legged kids to the "doggie hotel" for the first time...it was so hard! And though different in many ways I still ache when my four legged kids are hurt just like when my two legged kids are and after my heart surgery it killed me not to hold my dogs almost as much as not being able to hold my kiddos. The kids will be fine and when you have two legged kids they will be lucky to have older four legged siblings.

    ReplyDelete