Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day Two: Nine Things about ME!

1. I love mac and cheese, with ketchup.  And my SiL once gave me a giant box of mac and cheese for Christmas.  That was glorious, remember Seeeester?

2. I drive (on occasion) a white car that is named Violet.

3. Both of my dogs are named after people from my alma mater.  Tribe Pride!

4. I'm equally excited and terrified to have kids.  Six months ago I was more on the terrified side, but I feel the balance slowly (SLOWLY!) tipping.

5. I love my family.  And my friends.  And I am so thankful that God is both family and friend to me.

6. I wish the weather were always amenable to wearing shorts and long-sleeved t-shirts (or W&M hoodies).  Reason #352 we should move to Southern Cali some day... um, hello Mr. Military Placement Man?

7. I still carry the backpack I received before high school.  I keep it because it's great and big and still kicking, but also because it was the last thing my grandmother gave me before she passed away.

8. My mind wanders when I read for school so much that I almost always have to re-read.  But when I read a book for pleasure, I can become so engrossed I will stay up until 3:30 am just to know a little bit more.  I sometimes wish I could read all day (in my living room, at a coffee shop, on a park bench) instead of doing "real" things.

9. I can't wait to see Hubster tonight.  :)  This crazy man I've known for 8 years, loved for over 7, been married to for 2.  But you all probably knew #9.

Happy Thursday!

Oh, and we are heading to NC tomorrow.  CAN'T WAIT.  See #5.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Having kids is both terrifying and exciting but much more the latter! Love the dog names, ours are stadiums, one of which is from W&M GO TRIBE/I mean Griffens (can't even spell it)! I have known Phil 11 years now and October 21 will be our 10 year kissing anniversary...amazing hoq time flies and love grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for new posts! I'd like to second #6 :) you'd love it out here!!

    ReplyDelete