...that working on my thesis is SO FREAKIN' hard? I mean, this is what I LOVE and am interested in. And apparently - according to my non-over-caffeinated-self - want to do with the rest of my life. Part of it may be that I turned in my application for graduation yesterday and I'm trying not to FREAK out about not getting this all done. But wouldn't that push me to work more???
...that I eat so much junk when I'm home during the day? When I go into the city for work or school or meetings, I almost always pack a lunchbox full of yummy, healthy foods. But when I'm home it's straight for the crackers and powerbars and processed foods alllllllll day. Maybe I should pack my lunch even when I'm going to be home.
...when my dogs are behaved I love them SO much? And when they are NOT (which happened more than once over the past week) I want to send them straight back to the animal shelter? I mean, I still love them but really. The number of shoes lost this week was crazy. I'm thinking everything will be the same but instead of sending 2-legged pups back to an "animal shelter" they will go to "Grandma's." Yes Mom? :)
And....why is it that I'm posting a blog when I should be doing 100 other things? It's cathartic. And I summarily forget other responsibilities, even if for just a brief moment when I blog.
Happy hump day to you all, especially those I know are out there reading: MV, VV, HG, LA, VK, JF, MFB, EC, LW, AR, JM, and ES.
xo!
I am a firm believer that the thesis is a creation of the devil. There, I said it.
ReplyDeleteAdditionally, I am sooo relieved to know that I am not alone in the "I eat junk all day long at home" category. You should see my packed lunches of fruit and whole wheat sandwiches or my cravings for Cheetos and ice cream at home...Perhaps wearing sweatpants at home and form fitting clothes in public have something to do with it
a) I HATE my thesis more than anything ever. I'm glad to know that Jenna also thinks that it is the creation of the devil. I'm pretty sure I skipped the honeymoon stage with my thesis and went straight to bitterness/aggression.
ReplyDeleteb) Haha, I am totally with you on the eating healthier at school/work. Because when I'm home, what better time for a third breakfast?! Or a cookie at 11 am?
c) Confession: sometimes I tell my dogs that I hate them. And anyone who knows me KNOWS that I am completely crazy-dog-lady about them both, but sometimes...I want to give them back to Santa. Because lo, dogs can be annoying.
d) I'm so glad you're blogging instead of doing 100 other things, because then I get to read your blog instead of doing my 100 other things!
I can sympathize with all your feelings. My thesis took so much out of me that I am taking a year off from work and watching way too much TV. I also am taking a year of because my thesis took so much away from my kids...mostly me and vacation time. I am not sure I even want to send my dogs back but when my canine son and human son both had reflux I really wanted to send them both far, far away somewhere so that I could stop cleaning every second. Anyway, take a deep breath, keep taking blogging breaks, and it will all be over soon!
ReplyDelete